Saturday, March 7, 2009

Spray and Pray

What the hell is this about? Struggling for a topic tonight, so this will probably be full of little tangents and mini-rants. 

I realized that I completely omitted any reference to Star Wars or Star Trek when I was talking about sci-fi the other day. Not intentional, just an oversight on my part. I should mention that I like both equally and am looking forward to the new JJ Abrams version of Trek. I enjoyed Alias...and I guess Lost is good. Having young children means that I don't get to watch as much network tv as I would like. So I've never actually seen the show.  But based on the trailers, Trek should be some great eye candy.

Apologies for not doing the podcast on Friday like I had promised. Stuff kept getting in the way and I never had 40 minutes to sit down and talk. Hopefully next week will be less hectic. I'm currently trying to cut together some kind of theme music, so that should be good too. If you'd like to be a guest on the podcast, email me and we'll talk about it.

Who's into video games? I'm getting BACK into them after not playing really anything for years. Still can't afford any of the new systems but the old Xbox I've got still works so that'll have to do. And this old laptop can still hold its own on games that are a few years old. Think Civ3 and Diablo 2. Nothing too graphically intensive. I think it would just shrivel up and die if I tried to load Crysis. 

I started shooting photos on film again. It's a very different way of doing things versus shooting digitally. I find myself actively thinking about each shot and making sure it counts. Don't get me wrong, I like digital and I know that thats where the art is headed, but theres just something about the look of film prints as opposed to those that came off a memory card. 

I suppose that's about all for now, there's learning to be had children. Scoot!
Mr. B.

No comments: